Extended Multimodality Detection and Diagnosis of Breast Diseases Course II, amounting to four days. This structured hands-on screening course offers both lectures and reading of full-field digital mammography cases and breast MRI cases displayed on monitors.
- Lectures about mammography alternating with hands-on screening by László Tabár, MD., FACR (Hon).
- Breast MRI lectures and hands-on practice by Mats Ingvarsson, M.D.
For course site and schedule, click HERE
- Teach the clinical role of breast MRI in patient selection and in improving the detection, diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases.
- Evaluate current guidelines regarding the indication; staging and response to treatment; application to practice when appropriate.
- Describe the current clinical roles of breast MRI, review the image patterns of benign and malignant diseases, correlate the findings with the underlying pathology.
- Analyze the recent technical advances in breast MRI, including imaging protocols and techniques needed to produce high quality breast MRI images; review the methods for optimizing MRI in keeping with the current recommended standards.